We are often asked for tips to make sure a wedding reception or party 'goes to plan' - well here they are! This isn't a promise that all of these will work, but in our experience these are the 10 key elements of the perfect reception.
1. Your guests will be where you are. If you are on the dancefloor then your guests will be too!
2. First dance? It isn't as worrying as you imagine. The average photographer requires 60-90 seconds to get some fantastic shots of you both – then a DJ can get your guests to join you then to take the pressure off you. Alternatively, you can have the whole song for you. It is your choice!
3. Don't stress about your evening timeline – your venue may say they need specific timings but the best DJ's are very flexible.
4. Depending on your venue, try to make sure the DJ is visible – not in a random corner! A visible DJ can read the room and make sure your guests are enjoying themselves.
5. Photobooth or other entertainment? Try to make sure they are in the same room as the dancefloor -you want to keep everyone together
6. Choose songs for a playlist which are significant to you and your guests would like. It isn't about choosing what you think other people will want – the DJ will want everyone to enjoy the soundtrack to your evening!
7. When picking your music don't go mad, 20-30 songs is plenty. Let your DJ do the hard work for you.
8. Do you have older guests? Try to make sure they don't choose seating near the speakers – you want them to enjoy their evening too!
9. Leave your guests wanting more – a midnight finish is usually plenty and will mean that people will go home happy. It is not your job to entertain them until 1 or 2 am!
10. 81% of wedding guests say the thing they remember most about the day is the entertainment – don't cut corners on it!!
Contact us for latest availability and a quote call 07340 261601 or 01202 949456